Diocese: Diocese of Syracuse
Summary of Assignments:
- 1973-1974: St. Mary, Auburn (pastoral assistant)
- 1975: St. John, Liverpool (Seminarian-in-residence)
- 1976-1981: Blessed Sacrament, Johnson City
- 1982-1986: St. Mary, Cortlandt
- 1987-1989: St. Paul, Oswego
- 1990-1991: St. John, Utica
- 1992: St. Monica (Rochester, NY)
Notes: Accused of abuse of 3 boys in two families in late 1980s. Suits filed 10/92. Both settled 1998 for total of $475K. Also sued in Georgia in 1996. Resigned from Syracuse Diocese in 1991 but then found living at a rectory in Rochester diocese. Rochester Bishop asked him to leave. Died in 2000.
Sources: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/; Post Standard 10.27.92; Post Standard 10.28.92; Post Standard 07.27.93; Post Standard 07.20.98; Post Standard 07.21.98; Post Standard 08.11.98; Post Standard 08.15.98; Syracuse Post Standard 05.12.02; Associated Press 06.01.02; Post Standard 09.29.02; Post Standard 03.06.03; Post Standard 06.18.03; Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.