Diocese: Diocese of Syracuse
Summary of Assignments:
- 1964-1965: Our Lady of Pompeii, Syracuse
- 1965: Our Lady of the Rosary, New Hartford
- 1965-1968: St. Anthony, Utica
- 1968-1969: St. Anthony, Cortland
- 1969-1970: Immaculate Conception, Fulton
- 1970-1992: Oswego Catholic High School/Bishop Cunningham High School, Oswego (renamed in 1976)
- 1978-1998: St. John, Oswego
- 1980: St. Peter, Oswego
- 1981-2003: St. Pius X Home, Syracuse
Notes: Man filed suit 8/02 alleging that Misercola had sexually abused him beginning when he was 14. Said that Misercola showed him pornographic movies, videotaped and photographed him in the nude and got him drunk and performed oral sex on him. Abuse is alleged to have lasted 5 yrs. He complained to the diocese in 1997 and Misercola “retired” from ministry in 1998. Permanently removed ifrom active ministry 6/03.
Sources: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/; Post-Standard 01.15.98; Post-Standard 07.01.02; Post-Standard 07.22.02; Post-Standard 08.02.02; Post-Standard 06.18.03; Post-Standard 10.31.03; Post Standard 01.05.04; Syracuse News 02.09.16; Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.