Diocese: Diocese of Syracuse
Summary of Assignments:
- 1948-1953: Sacred Heart, Syracuse
- 1953-1958: St. Ann, Binghamton
- 1958-1960: Blessed Sacrament, Johnson City
- 1960-1962: Holy Trinity, Utica
- 1962-1964: St. Mary of the Assumption, Binghamton
- 1964: St. Stanislaus Kostka, Binghamton
- 1964: St. Patrick, Taberg
- 1966-1971: St. Stephen, Marathon
- 1966-1971: Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Cincinnatus
- 1971: St. Stephen, Syracuse
Notes: Suit filed by 1 man 12/02 alleging abuse by Garstka in 1963. A second man filed suit 1/03 alleging abuse in same time period. This plaintiff was living in foster home and the foster parents wanted him to be altar boy. He would stay overnight every weekend at the rectory. At least one case was dismissed by state appeals court on SOL 9/04. Deceased.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.