Diocese: Diocese of Syracuse
Summary of Assignments:
- 1970: St. John the Evangelist, Oswego
- 1971: Immaculate Conception, Fulton
- 1972-1976: Christ the King, Liverpool
- 1977-1979: St. Daniel, Syracuse
- 1980-1987: Bishop Ludden High School, Syracuse
- 1983-1986: St. Brigid and St. Joseph, Syracuse
- 1987-1988: St. Patrick, Jordan
- 1999-2002: Church of the Annunciation, Clinton
Notes: Two men came forward in 2002 to allege that they were abused by Proud in early 1970s. Sent to St. Luke’s after the first allegation was received spring 2002. Diocese admitted at least one man’s allegations were credible and the man was given a face to face meeting with Proud at St. Luke’s. Too late for criminal charges under SOL. Proud was permanently removed from ministry 6/03 by Diocese.
Sources: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/; Post-Standard 6.6.02; Post-Standard 05.27.02; Associated Press 05.30.02; Post-Standard 06.29.02; Post-Standard 08.14.02; Post-Standard 06.18.03; Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.