Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 5/31/1969: Ordained
- 1969-1975: St. Lawrence the Martyr, Sayville, NY
- 1975-1980: St. Brigid, Westbury, NY
- 1980-1985: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 1985-1989: St. Raymond’s, East Rockaway, NY
- 1989-1997: St. Luke’s – Pastor; Brentwood, NY
- 1997-1999: St. Christopher’s, Baldwin, NY
- 1999-2006: St. Ignatius Martyr – Pastor; Long Beach, NY
- 2006: Health leave
- 3/7/2006-9/2006: Suspended
- 9/28/2006: Our Lady of Consolation Nursing Home, West Islip, NY
Notes: Accused of abuse of 2 girls in 1970s-1980s. Placed on leave March 2006. One woman tape-recorded conversation with him just before his suspension. He denies all allegations. A parent came forward to say she had complained about his behavior to Diocese in early 1980s. Diocese reinstated him in Sept. 2006 after review board could not substantiate complaints. Suit filed 9/06. Both women plaintiffs filed criminal complaints in Feb. 2007.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.