Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre, Diocese of Norwich
Religious Order: LaSalle Christian Brother
Summary of Assignments:
- Mid 1970s: LaSalle Military Academy, Oakdale, NY; McConnaghy was reportedly “commandant” of the school in the mid 1970s
- 1981: Ordained
- 1981-1983: St. Andrew’s, Colchester, CT
- 1983+1985: St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Norwich, CT
- 1985-1990: St. Colman’s in Middlefield, CT
- 1990-1999: St. Michael – Pastor; Pawcatuck, CT
- 1999-2005: Sacred Heart – Pastor; Norwich. CT
- 1998-2005: St. John Mission Church – Pastor; Fitchville, CT
Notes: Resigned. Accused of abuse of a student at a military academy in New York state between 1973-1975, prior to his ordination. He was ordained for the Norwich CT diocese and they did inform the Rockville Centre diocese of the abuse allegation.
Sources: 1010 WINS (New York) 03.08.05; Norwich Bulletin 03.08.05; The Day 03.08.05; The Westerly (RI) Sun 03.19.05; Norwich Bulletin 03.30.05; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record and Other Info
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.