Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 6/3/1991: Ordained
- 1961-1966: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 1966-1972: St. Francis of Assisi, Greenlawn, NY
- 1972-1977: St. John of God, Central Islip, NY
- 1977-1980: Holy Family, Hicksville, NY
- 1980-1987: St. Sylvester’s – Pastor; Medford, NY
- 1987-2002: St. Martin of Tours – Pastor; Amityville, NY
- 2003: Retired
Notes: Saccacio was placed on leave and then “retired” effective May 2002 with allegations against him that he abused a teenager in 1960s. His priestly faculties were removed. He was named in one of two multimillion dollar suits filed against Diocese in April, 2003. Suit alleges he abused an altar boy in 1970s. This allegation is separate from allegations that resulted in Saccacio being placed on leave in 2002.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.