Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre, Diocese of San Diego
Summary of Assignments:
- 5/31/1958: Ordained
- 1958-1962: St. Pius X, Plainview, NY
- 1962-1969: Cure of Ars, Merrick, NY
- 1969-1977: Diocesan Tribunal
- 1977-1980: St. Boniface – Pastor; Elmont, NY
- 1980-1984: St. Ignatius Loyola, Hicksville, NY
- 1984-1989: SS. Cyril and Methodius, Deer Park, NY
- 1989-1991: St. Patrick’s, Carlsbad, CA
- 1991-1994: San Diego, CA
- 1994-2002: St. Columba, San Diego, CA
- 2002: Retired
Notes: Newman was listed in Long Island Catholic as retiring in 2002. Article says his priestly faculties removed because of allegations of sexual misconduct. Per same 2002 article, Newman had been working in San Diego Diocese for at least the last 10 years. He left the Rockville Center Diocese in late 1980s. He is listed as affiliated with San Diego, California Diocese in both 1993 and 2002 Catholic Directories.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.