Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 6/2/1956: Ordained
- 1956-1969: St. Raphael’s, East Meadow, NY
- 1969-1971: St. Pius X, Plainview, NY
- 1971-1976: St. Aidan’s, Williston Park, NY
- 1976-1990: St. Patrick’s – Pastor; Smithtown, NY
- 1990-1995: St. Catherine of Siena, Franklin Square, NY
- 1995-1997: Our Lady of Mercy, Hicksville, NY
- 1997-1999: Sick leave
- 6/9/1999: Died
Notes: Mott is alleged to have abused a 15 yr old girl in 1960s. She filed civil suit in 1994 and at least 4 other women have come forward with similar complaints. Mott took a 6 mo leave after the other women came forward. Mott underwent psychiatric evaluation twice; he was found to not be in need of counseling either time. Suit dropped 1995 due to SOL. Two of the women filed suit in 1997; suit dismissed 1998. Diocese settled with both women. Mott is dead.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.