Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 5/14/1983: Ordained
- S1983-1986: acred Heart, Cutchogue, NY
- 1986-1992: St. John the Baptist High School – Chaplain and Counselor; West Islip, NY
- 1992-1993: St. Anthony of Padua, East Northport, NY
- 1993-1997: St. Charles/Mather Hospital – Chaplain; Port Jefferson, NY
- 1993-1996: St. Gerard Majella, Port Jefferson, NY; In residence
- 1996-1997: St. Anne’s, Garden City, NY
- 1997-1998: Catholic University, Washington, DC; Graduate studies in canon law
- 1998-2000: Adjutant Judicial Vicar
- 1998-2001: St. Anne’s, Garden City, NY; In residence
- 2001-?: Leave of absence
Notes: Per 2002 article, Miller and Rockville Centre Diocese were sued in 1994 because Miller allegedly sexually abused two teenage boys. After complaint, Miller removed from working with children and sent to Catholic Univ. in Wash. DC to study canon law. Case settled (and sealed) but sources say diocese made cash settlement and agreed to pay for counseling. Miller said suit was settled without his permission.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.