Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre, Archdiocese of Boston
Religious Order: Capuchin Friar
Summary of Assignments:
- 1966: Ordained
- Founder and head of the Youth Ministry program for the Northeast province of the Capuchins.
- 1966-1974: Mary Immaculate Friary and House of Theology, Glenclyffe, Garrison, NY
- 1970-1973: Dean of studies of St. Mary’s [Minor] Seminary
- 1973: Founded the “Day by Day Agape”
- 1974-1976: St. Lawrence Friary – Vocations Director; Milton, MA
- 1976-1989: Capuchin Theological Seminary of Mary Immaculate Friary, Glenclyffe, Garrison, NY
Notes: Massaro, founder and longtime head of Youth Ministry program for Northeast province of the Capuchins, was accused in 2002 of molesting several boys, including one in Long Island and one from Queens, a number of years ago. He was removed from his assignment in New Hampshire (no claims of offense there) and placed on leave. Remains a priest without privileges.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.