Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 4/8/1978: Ordained
- 1977: St. Joseph’s, Ronkonkoma, NY
- 1978: Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Lindenhurst, NY
- 1978-1985: St. Thomas the Apostle, West Hempstead, NY
- 1985-1988: Our Lady of Lourdes, West Islip, NY
- 1988-1997: Our Lady of Victory, Floral Park, NY
- 1997-1998: St. Peter of Alcantara, Port Washington, NY
- 1998-2002: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 2003: Not indexed in the Directory
Notes: Two victims made accusations 3/02 and said they had previously reported abuse to diocese but nothing done. One said he reported abuse when it occurred and again in 1991. Another said he reported it in 1994. Vollmer still active until 2002. He has been identified as Priest D in the 1/03 Grand Jury report. He admited to abusing at least 12 victims according to the report. Vollmer would supply wine, marijuana and porno videos. Laicized 6/16/04.
Sources: Newsday 4.15.03 (2nd); Newsday 03.26.02; Newsday 03.27.02; NY Post 03.29.02; NY Times 05.16.02; USA Today 11.11.02; Suffolk Co. Grand Jury Report 01.17.03; Newsday 02.11.03; Newsday 02.12.03; Compasso v. Vollmer et al, Supreme Court of New York, Nassau Co. 04.14.03; Newsday 04.15.03; Long Island Press 02.24.05; Newsday 04.21.09; Newsday 11.14.17; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record and Other Info
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.