Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- Ordained; 5/10/86
- Our Lady of Grace, West Babylon, NY; 1984-86
- St. Margaret of Scotland, Selden, NY; 1986-89
- St. Louis de Montfort, Sound Beach, NY; 1989-90
- St. Luke’s, Brentwood, NY; 1990-95
- St. Joseph’s, Ronkonkoma, NY; 1995-98
- St. Pius X Hospice, Uniondale, NY; residence 1998-
- Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY; chaplain 2000-2002
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, Mattituck, NY; 2002
- Dowling College, Oakdale, NY; 2002
Notes: Ditta was accused in 1997 of repeatedly molesting a young boy years earlier. The youth & his therapist met with Alan Placa, the Diocese’s vice chancellor and described abuse beginning at age 9. Ditta sent for therapy but then assigned to parish work without notification of his past. No reports made to police until 2002. Ditta removed from parish in 2002. Named in 2003 civil suit. Identified as Priest H in the 2003 Suffolk Co Grand Jury Report.
Sources: Compasso v. Volmer et al, Supreme Court, State of NY, County of Nassau;; Newsday 04.03.02; USA Today 11.11.02; Suffolk County Grand Jury Report 01.18.03; Newsday 04.15.03; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record and Other Info
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.