Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Assignments:
- 5/22/1948: Ordained
- 1948-1969: St. Dominic’s, Oyster Bay, NY
- 1948-1969: St. Dominic High School, Oyster Bay, NY
- 1960-1963: SUNY – Chaplain and Director of Newman Club; Brookville, NY
- 1969-1973: St. Andrew’s, Sag Harbor, NY
- 1973-1987: St. Hugh of Lincoln, Huntington Station, NY
- 1985: Papal Honors
- 1987-1995: St. Pius X residence for priests
- 1987-1995: Vicar for Senior Priests
- 1988-?: Coordinator for Latin Mass
- 1999: Our Lady of Hope, Carle Place, NY
- 3/11/1999: Died
Notes: Soave is named in one of two 2003 lawsuits against Diocese. The allegations in the suit are the first against Soave but he is believed to be Priest T in the Jan. 2003 Grand Jury report Report says he had a number of victims. Soave, who died in 1999, is accused of fondling a 13 yr old altar boy in late 1970s. Soave sent for therapy and later given title of Vicar for Senior Priests in 1988 when it was recommended that he not return to active ministry.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.