Diocese: Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Palm Beach
Summary of Assignments:
- 1958: Ordained
- 1958-1965: Holy Cross; Manhattan, NY
- Assistant Priest
- 1965-1975: Archbishop Stepinac High School; White Plains, NY
- Counselor and Dean of Studies
- 1975-1976: Department of Education; New York City, NY
- 1976-1982: Cardinal Spellman High School; Bronx, NY
- 1982-1994: Holy Family; New Rochelle, NY
- 1995: Not listed in the 1995 Catholic Directory
- 1995-2002: St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary; Boynton Beach, FL
In 1997, a man notified the Archdiocese that he had been sexually abused by White for three years in 1970s, while he was a student at Archbishop Stepinac High School. The man settled with the Archdiocese in 1998.
When the accusations were made, White was teaching at St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary in Palm Beach. He was allowed to continue working after evaluation until he was removed in 2002.
In a February 2004 lawsuit, another man accused White of sexually abusing him from 1959 to 1961 at Holy Cross Parish, when he was between the ages of 9 and 11.
Sources: Journal News 4.03.02 (in collection of articles); NY Post 4.12.02 (in collection of articles); Dallas Morning News 06.12.02; Perez et al v. Parrakow, et al, Supreme Court of NY, County of NY, 02.26.04; Palm Beach Post 02.28.04; Sun-Sentinel 04.24.06; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.