Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
- 1926: Graduated from Fordham University
- Attended St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers
- 1929: Ordained
- 1950: Named a monsignor in Rome by Pope Pius XII
- Assistant Pastor at Holy Cross Church; 239 West 42nd St.
- He also served as the Catholic Chaplain of the New York City Transit Authority while at Holy Cross.
- Priest at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- He also served as the Music Director for the Archdiocese while at St. Patrick’s.
- (20 years): Pastor at Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help; Ardsley, New York
Notes: In a February 2004 lawsuit, Greene was accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy between 1956 and 1957, while Greene was assigned to St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. A second man notified the New York Archdiocese in 2009 that Greene had molested him as a choir boy at St. Patrick’s between 1954 and 1959, while Greene was the Archdiocese Music Director.
Greene died on September 24, 1976 at age 72.
Sources: Perez et al v. Parrakow, et al, Supreme Court of NY, County of NY, 02.26.04; http://bishop-accountability.org/; NY Times Obituary 9.26.1976