Religious Order: Jesuit
Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1963-1964: Seismologist at Weston Observatory; Weston, MA
- 1964-1965: Jesuit Tertianship at Manresa Hall; Port Townsend, WA
- 1965-1971: Fordham Preparatory School; Bronx, NY
- 1966-1970: Assistant Director of Seismic Observatory at Fordham University; Bronx, NY
- 1969-1971: Oceanography Graduate Student at New York University; Manhattan, NY
- 1971-1977: Graduate Student at University of Maine; Orono, ME
- 1974-1977: Teacher and Project Director at Maine Maritime Academy; Castine, ME
- 1977-1978: Assignment unknown; Rodney, MI
- Listed in diocesan pages of Directory at Rt. 1, Box 82, Hillview Lake [Dr.], Rodney MI
- 1978-1979: Jesuits at Le Moyne; Syracuse, NY
- 1979-1980: Leonard Neale House; Washington, D.C.
- 1980-1984: Prefect of Dolan Hall at John Carroll University; Cleveland, OH
- 1984-1986: Whereabouts unknown, not listed in Catholic Directories
- 1986-1993: Le Moyne College; Syracuse, NY
- 1987-1988: Associate Academic Dean
- 1988-1993: Director of Institutional Research
- 1993: Member of Board of Directors at Gobind Sadan; Palermo, NY
- 1993-1994: Administrator at Christ the King Retreat House; Syracuse, NY
- 1994-2006: Murray-Weigel Hall; New York City, NY
- 2003-2004: Faculty at Center for Spiritual Development; Rye, NY
- 2006-2008: Patient at Vianney Renewal Center; Dittmer, MO
- Vianney is a sexual abuse treatment center, operated by the Servants of the Paraclete.
- 8/21/2008: Died
Notes: In 2005, while assigned to Fordham Prep in the New York Archdiocese, Drake was accused of raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old boy in 1969 on an overnight before a ski trip. In 2014, Drake was accused of sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy on June 30, 1974, while Drake worked at Maine Maritime Academy located in the Portland, Maine Diocese. Drake was also assigned in the Dioceses of Boston, Seattle, Grand Rapids or Saginaw, Syracuse, Washington, and Cleveland. He gave hundreds of workshops and retreats in the U.S. and internationally. Drake died on August 21, 2008.
Sources: http://bishop-accountability.org/; Post-Standard 10.13.89;Post Standard 08.13.90;George Drake 01.08.04;NY Times 10.21.08;Fordham Ram 11.07.08;The Observer 12.11.08; NY Daily News 10.01.14; New York Daily News 04.22.16;The Paper 08.09.16;Fordham Ram 08.16.16;Fordham Ram 08.18.16; Business Insider 11.15.16; WLBZ 04.17.17; Detailed BA Assignment Record
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.