Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- Student at All Hallows High School
- Student at Iona College
- St. Joseph’s Seminary; Dunwoodie
- May 29, 1965: Ordained
- Advanced studies in Liturgy and Master’s Degree in Sacred Scripture
- New York Apostolate for the Deaf at St. John the Evangelist; White Plains, NY
- Assistant Pastor at St. Peter’s; Yonkers, NY
- Assistant Pastor at St. Joseph’s; Greenwich Village, NY
- July 1987: Pastor at St. Francis de Sales Parish; East 96th St.
- 1998-death: Administrator of St. Lucy’s Church; E 104th St.
- February 27, 2017: Died
Lott also worked as Chairman of the Board and President of the SFDS Development Corporation and as President and Chief Executive of the de Sales Assisted Living Management Corporation until his death.
A man accused Lott of sexually abusing him more than 50 times between 1975 and 1985, beginning when the man was 14-years-old and living in Greenwich Village. Lott, the family priest, ministered to the man’s father who was dying of lung cancer and after the man’s father passed away, Lott began inviting the then-14-year-old boy to sleepovers at the rectory. The alleged abuse included sex acts that ranged from fondling to sodomy.
Lott died on February 27, 2002. In 2017, the man received a $500,000 settlement from the Archdiocese of New York’s compensation fund.