Diocese: Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Bridgeport
Religious Order: Congregation of Christian Brothers (CFC)
Summary of Assignments:
- 1957: Professed as a Christian Brother
- 1961: Student at Iona College; New Rochelle, NY
- 1965: Professed perpetual vows as a Christian Brother
- 1970: Student at St. John’s University; New York City, NY
- 1976-1979: Principal at Blessed Sacrament High School; New Rochelle, NY
- 1979: Student at Manhattan College; New York City, NY
- 1982: Ordained with the Diocese of Bridgeport
- 1982-1984: Associate Pastor at St. Mary’s; Bethel, CT
- 1982-1984: Part-time Spiritual Director at St. Gabriel’s High School; New Rochelle, NY
- 1984-1987: Resident Priest at St. Thomas More; Darien, CT
- 1984-1989: Spiritual Director at Stamford Catholic High School; Stamford, CT
- 1985 (through at least 2008): Chapel of the Sisters, Little Workers of the Scared Hearts of Jesus and Mary; Stamford, CT
- Celebrating Mass in Motherhouse Chapel regularly
- 1987-1999: Sacred Heart Parish (Italian); Stamford, CT
- At the same time, he was Spiritual Director at Stamford Catholic High School, Central Catholic High School, Immaculate High School, and Trinity Catholic High School.
- 1987-1988: In Residence
- 1992-1993: In Residence
- 1992-1995: Spiritual Director at Trinity Catholic High School; Stamford, CT
- 1993: Received Ph.D. in Educational Administration from Pacific Western University, Los Angeles, CA
- 1987 (through at least 2008): Summer Associate with Paulist Fathers at Saint Susanna’s; Rome, Italy
- 1988-1995: Diocesan Master of Ceremonies; Bridgeport, CT
- 1995 (through at least 2008): Chaplain at Fire and Rescue Department; Stamford, CT
- 1999-2008: Parochial Vicar at St. Thomas More; Darien, CT
- At the same time, he was Spiritual Director at Sacred Heart Academy until 2006
- 2004-2005: Not indexed or listed in 2005 Directory
- 2005-2013: St. Thomas More; Darien, CT
- 2013-2015: Not indexed in Directory
- 2015: Retired
- 2016: Catherine Dennis Keefe Queen of the Clergy Retired Priests’ Residence
Post also studied at Gonzaga University in Spokane and Christian Brothers International House of Studies in Rome. Post taught in the United States, Canada, and Italy. He was the assistant principal at Bishop Gibbons High School in Schenectady, NY. Years presently unknown.
Also known as Robert J. Postiglione.
Post is named in one civil suit as having sexually abused male students while he was the a Christian Brother and Principal at Blessed Sacrament High School from 1976 to 1979. Post later left the Christian Brothers and was ordained as a diocesan priest with Bridgeport Diocese in 1982.
As of August 2012, Post had been accused by 3 individuals in the Christian Brothers bankruptcy case.
Sources: Amended Verified Complaint in 07-102959; US District Court, Southern District, No. 05-CV-10467; CT Post 08.26.12; The Patch 08.26.12; The Patch 08.28.12; “Father Bob” via Bishop Accountability 4.27.08; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.