Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1981-1984: St. Mary Star of the Sea; New York City, NY
- 1984-1987: St. Mary’s; Fishkill, NY
- 1987-1992: Faculty Member at Our Lady of Lourdes High School; Poughkeepsie, NY
- 1993: Not listed in the Directory
- 1994-1996: St. Ann’s; Ossining, NY
- 1996-1999: St. Ann’s; Nyack, NY
- 1999-2007: Administrator at St. John the Baptist; Poughkeepsie, NY
- 1999-2015: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Poughkeepsie, NY
- 2013-2015: The Good Shepherd; Rhinebeck, NY
- 2013-2015: St. Joseph’s; Rhinecliff, NY
- 2015-2016: Suspended
- March 2016: Laicization
Notes: On January 19, 2015, Kihm was suspended from ministry after the Archdiocese received credible allegations that Kihm abused a male minor about 30 years before.The Archdiocese had discussed their concerns about Kihm a few months prior to his removal, which they had discussed with the District Attorney, but they were only able to take action after the victim came forward. At least one other individual came forward to accuse Kihm of abuse that also occurred 30 years before. Kihm denied the allegations.
Kihm was sent to a supervised setting for evaluation and risk assessment. No criminal charges were filed against him due to the statute of limitations. In March 2016, Kihm was laicized and removed from the priesthood. In May 2017 and October 2017, the Archdiocese settled with the victims through the Archdiocese’s compensation program.
Sources: Daily Freeman 01.28.15; Poughkeepsie Journal 01.28.15; Daily Freeman 03.14.15; Poughkeepsie Journal 03.21.16; Daily Freeman 03.22.16; Washington Times 03.23.16; New York Daily News 05.18.17; New York Times 05.18.17; Journal News 05.23.17; Church Militant 10.26.17; LoHud 12.12.17; http://bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Assignment Record
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.