Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1961-1962: St. Aloysius; Livingston Manor, NY
- 1961-1962: Sacred Heart, Gate of Heaven, and All Souls; De Bruce, Roscoe, and Shandelee Lake, NY
- These were missions of St. Aloysius
- 1962-1968: St. Paul’s; Staten Island, NY
- 1968-1969: Our Lady of Solace; Bronx, NY
- 1970-1980: Cardinal Hayes High School; Bronx, NY
- 1980-1992: Cardinal Spellman High School; Bronx, NY
- 1992-1996: Absent on Leave
O’Herlihy was laicized in 1993.
In a February 2004 lawsuit, O’Herlihy was accused of sexually abusing a boy at Cardinal Hayes High School in 1980. O’Herlihy had learned that the boy was being abused by a Catholic youth group leader and allegedly used that knowledge to gain access. The lawsuit alleges that other boys were also sexually abused by O’Herlihy at Cardinal Hayes. The lawsuit was dismissed in 2006 due to the statue of limitations.
In March 2009, O’Herlihy was found working as an Assistant Principal at Manhattan Comprehensive Night and Day High School.
Note: Years in parentheses indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.