Diocese: Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Worcester, Archdiocese of San Juan de Puerto Rico
Religious Order: Assumptionist (AA)
Summary of Assignments:
- 1966-1967: Assumption Prep; Worcester, MA
- 1967-1969: Assumptionist Provincial House; New York, NY
- 1969-1970: Assumption Prep; Worcester, MA
- 1970-1973: St. Theresa’s; New York City, NY
- 1973-1978: Our Lady of Esperanza (Spanish); New York, NY
- 1977-1980: Assumptionist Provincial House; New York, NY
- 1978-1980: Nuestra Senora del Carmen; San Juan, PR
- 1980-1982: Assumptionist Provincial House; New York, NY
- 1982-1984: Assumptionist Provincial House; Milton, MA
Notes: In a February 26, 2004 lawsuit, a woman accused Rios of sexually abusing her at Our Lady of Esperanza Roman Catholic Church when she was 16-years-old. Rios knew the girl from catechism class and offered to help her study for the GED. When she confided in him that her father was violent, Rios forced her to have sex and threatened to tell her father what she had said in order to coerce her into silence.
Rios offered her money from the parish collection and urged her to get an abortion when she became pregnant. Another priest said the church would help her, but they never did.
As of 2004, the Archdiocese believed Rios to be dead.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.