Diocese: Archdiocese of New York, Archdiocese of Boston, Archdiocese of Montreal, Archdiocese of Newark, Diocese of Gary
Religious Order: Salesians of Don Bosco
Summary of Assignments:
- 1958-1967: St. Dominic Savio Juniorate, St. Dominic Savio Retreat House, Camp Salesian for Boys; Cedar Lake, IN
- 1967-1970: Sacred Heart Juniorate; Ipswich, MA
- 1970-1972: Eglise St. Domenico Savio, Montreal; Quebec, Canada
- 1972-1978: Salesian High School; New Rochelle, NY
- 1978-1981: Sacred Heart Retreat House; Ipswich, MA
- 1981-1984: Our Lady of the Rosary; Port Chester, NY
- 1984-1989: St. Anthony’s; Elizabeth, NJ
- 1989-1994: Don Bosco Retreat Center and Marian Shrine; West Haverstraw, NY
- 1994-2000: Salesian Provincial House; New Rochelle, NY
Notes: In September 2013, an attorney reported that one man’s case against Maffei had been settled within the past year. The man accused Maffei of sexually abusing him while he was 12-years-old and while Maffei was assigned to Sacred Heart Retreat House in Ipswich, Massachusetts. The alleged abuse included explicit sexual behavior at the Marian Shrine in New Rochelle, New York.
Maffei was a native of Italy. He came to the US in 1952. He died on December 29, 2009.
Note: Years in parentheses indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.