Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1960: Ordained
- 1961: St. Agnes; Manhattan, NY
- 1962-1963: St. John’s; Goshen, NY
- 1964-1969: Christ the King; Yonkers, NY
- 1970-1985: Holy Spirit; Peekskill, NY
- 1986-1997: Pastor at St. Anthony’s; Pine Plains, NY
- 1998-2002: Pastor at St. Joan of Arc; Sloatsburg, NY
- 2003: Not listed in 2003 Catholic Directory
Notes: Brother of Alfred F. Gallant, also an accused sex abuser. Gallant was removed from ministry in April 2002. In June 2002, a woman filed a civil lawsuit, accusing Gallant of initiating an affair with her, beginning in 1978 when she was 16 years old and a student at Franciscan High School. Gallant reportedly told parishioners at St. Joan of Arc that there was an allegation of impropriety, but that the woman was 18 years old at the time.
Sources: Journal News 4.10.02 (in collection of articles);Journal News 4.16.02 (in collection of articles);Journal News 4.8.02 (in collection of articles);Journal News 7.9.05;Journal News 06.19.02;USA Today 11.11.02;Journal News 09.14.03; http://www.bishop-accountability.org/; BA.org Summary of Directory Entries
Note: Years in parentheses indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.