Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
- 1945: Ordained
- Obtained graduate degree in social work from Boston College
- Director of Family Services for New York Catholic Charities
- He also served at two Yonkers parishes during this time.
- Chaplain for the Cardinal McClosky Home for Children
- 1962: Given title Monsignor as Papal Chamberlain by Pope John Paul VI
- 1968: Given title Monsignor as Domestic Prelate by Pope John Paul VI
- Pastor at Our Lady of Victory Church; Mount Vernon, NY
- 1978: Obtained Master’s Degree in Religious Education; St. Joseph’s Seminary
- 1979: Pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish; Stony Point, NY
- 1986: Vicar of Rockland County
- Year of study at Jesuit School of Theology; Cambridge, MA
- Senior Priest at St. Margaret’s Church; Pearl River, NY
Harrington died on August 22, 2009. According to his obituary, “Monsignor always taught religion to children in both the parish and public schools. He did this faithfully in all his assignments…”
Harrington was publicly accused of sexual abuse for the first time in 2017 through the Archdiocese’s Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program.