Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1959-1960: St. Thomas of Canterbury; Newburgh, NY
- 1961-1976: St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus; Bronx, NY
- 1977-1977: Personal Board Archdiocese of New York
- 1978-1979: Spiritual Development Office – Director of Retreats; Larchmont, NY
- 1980-1982: Regina Coeli; Bronx, NY
- 1983-1983: Department of Education – Office of Seminary Education
- 1984-1987: Personal Board Archdiocese of New York
- 1988-1989: St. Lucy Church; Bronx, NY
- 1990-1994: Unknown; Bronx, NY
- 1995-1997: St. Lucy Church; Bronx, NY
Subject of settlement in October 2017, as part of the Archdiocese’s compensation fund. D’Argenio was known to run a group called “Herbert’s Boys” while he was assigned at St. Theresa’s of the Infant in the Bronx in the 1960s and 1970s. He died in 1996.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.