Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Summary of Assignments:
- 1960: Ordained
- 1961-1964: Our Lady of Mercy; Bronx, NY
- 1965: Sacred Heart; Barrytown, NY
- 1966-1970: St. Denis; Yonkers, NY
- 1971-1988: Archbishop Stepinac High School; White Plains
- 1972-1979: Dean
- 1980-1988: Principal
- 1989: Absent on sick leave
- 1990: Blessed Sacrament; Staten Island, NY
- 1991-1992: Absent on sick leave
- 1993: St. Patrick’s; Highland Mills, NY
- 1994-1996: Not indexed in Directory, 1994-96
- 1997-2002: Absent on leave (1997-2002)
Notes: Malone was removed from his position as principal at Archbishop Stepinac High School in 1988 after White Plains police arrested him for soliciting sex from a teenage male in the downtown area. The Archdiocese arranged with the police to have the charges dropped as long as he was removed from Stepinac, sent for counseling, and no longer allowed to work with youths.
After his removal, Malone was reportedly transferred to three parishes between 1989 and 1992: Blessed Sacrament on Staten Island, Holy Family in the Bronx, and St. Patrick’s in Highland Mills, Orange County. At St. Patrick’s, church officials reportedly learned that Malone had been arrested in 1979 for public lewdness and loitering at a state rest stop. Those charges were also dropped.
In 1993, Malone was placed on a permanent leave of absence. As of 2002, Malone resided in a waterfront cottage in the Hamptons, where he continued to celebrate mass at local churches at the requests of individual priests.
Note: Years in parentheses indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.