Diocese: Archdiocese of New York, Archdiocese of Boston, Diocese of Albany
Religious Order: Franciscan Fathers of the Immaculate Conception (OFM)
Summary of Assignments:
- First Profession: July 15, 1953
- Solemn Profession: July 15, 1956
- May 20, 1961: Ordained
- 1962-1965: Christopher Columbus High School; Boston, MA
- 1966-1970: St. Christopher Friary; Boston, MA
- 1971-1974: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Mt. Vernon, NY – Archdiocese of New York
- 1975-1976: St. Kilian’s; New Bedford, MA – Diocese of Fall River
- 1977-1983: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Italian); Mt. Vernon, NY
- 1984-1987: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Italian); East Boston, MA
- 1988-1990: Our Lady of the Assumption; Schenectady, NY – Diocese of Albany
- 1990: Immaculate Conception Provincialate Office; New York, NY
- 1991: Not indexed in the 1991 Directory
- 1992-1993: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Watervliet NY – Diocese of Albany
- 1994: Not indexed in the 1994 Directory
- 1995-1997: Padua Residence/Friary; Manhattan, NY
- 1998-2000: Most Precious Blood; Manhattan, NY
- 2001: Not listed in the 2001 Directory
- 2002-2003: St. Anthony Friary; Catskill, NY – Diocese of Albany
Notes: In a 2002 lawsuit against the Archdiocese, Fusco was accused of sexually abusing a young man in the rectory of the Church of the Most Precious Blood in Manhattan’s Little Italy neighborhood in August 1999. At the time, Fusco was the young man’s counselor. The Franciscans reportedly removed Fusco from public ministry after the allegations.
In 1993, Fusco was arrested in Watervielt, New York on a charge of soliciting sex from an undercover police officer in Hudson Shore Park, but the charges were conditionally dismissed. According to bishop-accountability.org, Fusco was still an active priest in June 2006 because he officiated at a funeral.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.