Diocese: Archdiocese of New York
Religious Order: Congregation of Christian Brothers (CFC)
Summary of Assignments:
- 1985-1987: Cardinal Hayes High School; Bronx, NY
- Dean of Discipline
- 1987-1991: Bergen Catholic High School; Oradell, NJ
- Fordham University; Bronx, NY
- Doctoral Student
- Iona Prep; New Rochelle, NY
- President, stepped down between 2003 and 2004
- Iona College; New Rochelle, NY
- Member of the Board of Trustees
- Power Memorial Academy; New York City, NY
- Teacher and Principal
The Christian Brothers filed for bankruptcy in April 2011, which allowed claims of abuse to be heard. In 2011, O’Connor surrendered his teaching license, but did not admit to wrongdoing.
In 2012, two men came forward to accuse O’Connor of sexually abusing them in the mid-1980s while they were students at Cardinal Hayes High School.
By 2012, Br. O’Connor had reportedly left the Congregation of Christian Brothers.
Sources: WPIX 04.26.12; Voice from the Desert 05.13.12; New York Daily News 05.30.16 ; http://bishop-accountability.org/