Diocese: Diocese of Las Cruces
Religious Order: Jesuit
Summary of Assignments:
- 1968 – 1969: St. Asaph, St. Beuno College; Flintshire, England
- Also listed at Jesuit College Prep in Dallas, TX as a counselor and teacher.
- 1969 – 1975: Jesuit High School; New Orleans, LA
- 1975 – 1985: Strake Jesuit College Prep; Houston, TX.
- 1985 – 1990: Holy Family; Deming, NM
- 1990 – 2003: St. Jude’s; Alamagordo, NM
- Died: June 7, 2003
Notes: In 5/13 civil suit one man accused Barfield of abusing him at St Jude’s Parish in Alamogordo NM beginning in 1990. Same man also accused Wilfred J Diamond of abuse in same suit. Separate Federal suit alleged Barfield allowed David Holley to live at the rectory and this gave Holley access to plaintiff so he abused plaintiff as well. Died 6/7/03 in Alamogordo. Buried in Jesuit Cemetery, Grand Coteau LA. Also worked in Dallas, NOLA and Houston at Jesuit schools.
Sources: Deming Headlight 06.19.03; Alamogordo Daily News 05.07.13; Las Cruces Sun-News 05.07.13; Santa Fe New Mexican 05.07.13; Albuquerque Journal 05.08.13; KRQE 05.08.13; SNAP Statement 05.08.13; Telegram & Gazette 05.09.13; FindAGrave 05.13.13; http://bishop-accountability.org/