Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1970-1973: St. Margaret Mary; Rochester, NY
- 1974-1975: St. Louis Church; Pittsford, NY
- 1976-1990: Newman Community University of Rochester, Inc.; Rochester, NY
- 1986-1990: NY Office of Campus Ministry; Rochester, NY
- 1991: Holy Cross; Rochester, NY
- 1992-1996: Our Lady of Mercy; Rochester, NY
- 1997-1999: Absent on Leave; Diocese of Rochester
- 2000-2001: Graduate Studies; Diocese of Rochester
- Listed as attending St. Paul University in Ottawa, Canada
- 2002: Special Assignment; Diocese of Rochester
- Address listed as 1150 Buffalo Rd., Rochester
Placed on leave 1996. Pleaded guilty 8/97 to misdemeanor sexual abuse of 16 yr old boy in 1992 and given conditional discharge instead of prison or probation. Lum allowed to perform administrative duties for Diocese until 4/02 when he was again placed onleave without privileges. Civil suit filed. Dismissed by Appeals court 2/02 as to Diocese & church but not Lum. On behalf of Lum, Diocese settled 5/02 for counseling fees. Life of Prayer & Penance per 6/7/12 announcement from diocese.
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 01.15.02; Democrat and Chronicle 02.02.02; Democrat and Chronicle 04.22.02; Associated Press 05.02.02; Democrat and Chronicle 05.03.02; Democrat and Chronicle 05.09.02; Post Standard (NY) 05.12.02; Post Standard 05.22.02; Dallas Morning News 06.12.02; Catholic Courier 06.07.12; Rochester Homepage 06.07.12; SNAP Statement 06.07.12; Democrat & Chronicle 08.10.12; WHAM 08.07.13; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.