Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1968-1972: St. Philip Neri; Rochester, NY
- 1973-1977: St. Anthony’s; Elmira, NY
- 1978-1982: Beckett Hall High School; East Rochester, NY
- Affiliated with St. John Fisher College
- 1983-1991: St. Michael’s; Rochester, NY
- 1992: St. Thomas; Elmira, NY
- 1992-1996: Elmira Correctional Facility, Center, and Camp Monterrey; Elmira, NY
- 1997-2001: NY Drug Treatment Center; Willard, NY
- 1999: St. Francis de Sales; Geneva, NY
- 2001: Five Points Correctional Facility; Romulus, NY
- 2002-2007: Corpus Christi; Rochester, NY
- Later named Our Lady of the Americas
- 2004-2007: Monroe County Jail; Rochester, NY
- 2006-2008: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Rochester, NY
- 2006-2009: Holy Redeemer – St. Francis Xavier; Rochester, NY
- 2008-2010: Our Lady of the Americas of Rochester; Rochester, NY
- Previously named Corpus Christi
- 3/27/2011: Placed on administrative leave without privileges by diocese.
- 7/2011: Charged with theft of $10k from diocese
Diocese announced 3/27/11 that it had placed Panepinto on administrative leave without privileges from St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish in Rochester after it deemed “credible” an allegation of sexual abuse of a minor in late 1960s shortly after he was ordained. At the time he was serving at St. Philip Neri in Rochester and St. Anthony’s in Elmira (both now closed). Also charged in 7/11 with theft of $10K from diocese. Has claimed blackmail. Canonical proceedings are not complete as of 6/12.
Catholic Courier 6.7.12; Rochester Homepage 6.7.12; SNAP 6.7.12; Catholic Courier 03.27.11; Statement by Diocese of Rochester 03.27.11; Democrat and Chronicle 03.28.11; WHEC 03.29.11; Democrat and Chronicle 07.21.11; WHEC 07.21.11; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.