Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1968-1971: Holy Trinity; Webster, NY
- 1972-1974: St. Michael Church; Newark, NY
- 1975-1979: Beckett Hall; East Rochester, NY – Residence for seminarians attending St. John Fisher College
- 1980: St. Casimir’s; Elmira, NY
- 1981-1982: St. Anne’s; Rochester, NY
- 1983: Holy Ghost; Rochester, NY
- 1984-1987: St. Cecilia’s; Rochester, NY
- 1988-1998: St. Mary’s Church; Bath, NY
- 1999-2000: St. Margaret Mary Church; Rochester, NY
- 2001: Not listed in the Directory
- 2002-2003: Unassigned
2/03 suit claims man was sexually abused by Hammond, director of the Catholic youth summer program at his church, in 1979. Same man and and 3 others also allege that they were abused by another priest, Albert Cason. Per 2002 Catholic Directory, Hammond was “unassigned.” Bishop placed Hammond under restrictions pending investigation. Resigned from his last post in 2000 for “personal reasons not related to any criminal activity.” Prayer & Penance per Diocese 6/12 announcement.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.