Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1963-1967: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary; Brockport, NY
- 1968-1973: Holy Cross; Rochester, NY
- 1974: Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester; Rochester, NY
- 1975-1979: St. Boniface’s; Rochester, NY
- 1980-1987: St. John Evangelist; Rochester, NY
- 1988-1998: Church of the Annunciation; Rochester, NY
- 1999-2001: St. Christopher Church; North Chili, NY
- 2002: Special Assignment – Address listed is 1150 Buffalo Road, Rochester, the same address as Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester
- December 2005: Died
Complaints received in 1970s. Sent for treatment. Parents complained about behavior and drinking for several years. In 1973 O’Neill was removed from parish and appointed to Marriage Tribunal. In 1980 he was reassigned to parish duties. “Retired” due to health in 2001 but continued working at tribunal. Privileges removed 5/02. Sued in 2002 by 10 men. Suit dismissed due to SOL in 2003 and 2004. Died 12/05. Canonical proceedings were not complete at time of death per 6/7/12 statement from Diocese.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer 8.19.04 (add’l article); Newsday (AP) 9.21.04 (add’l article); WHEC-TV 12.8.05 (add’l article); Catholic Courier 6.7.12 (add’l article); Rochester Homepage 6.7.12 (add’l article); SNAP Statement 6.7.12 (add’l article); Associated Press 5.2.02; Democrat and Chronicle 5.4.02; Democrat and Chronicle 5.8.02; Democrat and Chronicle 8.9.02; Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 5.3.02; Post-Standard 05.12.02; Democrat and Chronicle 06.17.02; Democrat and Chronicle 06.17.02; Democrat and Chronicle 06.17.02; Democrat and Chronicle 07.15.02; Democrat and Chronicle 11.13.02; Democrat and Chronicle 12.13.02; Democrat and Chronicle 02.18.03; Democrat and Chronicle 05.10.03; Seattle Post-Intelligencer 08.19.04; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.