Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1924-1931: Sacred Heart Cathedral; Rochester, NY
- 1932-1934: Convent of the Sacred Heart; Rochester, NY
- 1935-1945: St. James; Trumansburg, NY
- 1946-1950: St. Mary’s Church; Geneseo, NY
- 1951-1963: St. James; Waverly, NY
- 1964-1965: St. Gregory Church; Marion, NY
- 1966-1984: Retired, but listed at 789 E. Ave (also the address for St. James)
- 1985: Death listed as June 1, 1985.
Hogan’s name was one of eight released in 6/18 by Attorney Mitchell Garabedian of priests accused of sexually abusing children. A 71-year-old woman stated in 6/18 that Hogan sexually abused her at ages 15-16 in 1962-63, while he was assigned to St. Gregory in Marion. She said her mother wrote and called the diocese to report the abuse, but nothing was done. The woman also said a classmate told her that Hogan had also molested her and that her reports to the diocese were ignored. Hogan retired in 1965 and died in 1985.
Democrat and Chronicle 06.06.18; Rochester First 06.06.18; Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 06.14.18; Rochester First 06.14.18; WHEC 06.14.18; WHEC 06.15.18; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.