Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1939-1942: St. Anthony’s; Elmira, NY
- 1943-1946: Chaplain to the US Army
- 1947-1950: St. Francis Assisi; Rochester, NY
- 1951-1953: St. Salome’s; Point Pleasant, NY
- 1954-1977: St. Bridget’s; Rochester, NY
- 1978-2002: St. Anne’s; Palmyra, NY
- Following 1983, served as Pastor Emeritus
- 1983-2003: Retired; Palmyra, NY
- 1990: Canandaigua Veterans’ Hospital; Canandaigua, NY
- 1997-2002: Canandaigua Veterans’ Hospital; Canandaigua, NY
In 2002 Diocese revealed it had received two credible complaints against Vogt–one in 1993 and the other in 2002. Vogt, then 90, was living in Convent Infirmary, reportedly frail and unable to remember some events. He retired in 1982. Four other men have also made allegations. Reports say Vogt molested pre-teen boys in 1950s-1970s at St. Bridget Church. After canonical process, he was assigned to life of prayer & penance per 6/7/12 notice from diocese.
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.