Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1967-1969: Christ the King; Rochester, NY
- 1970-1973: St. Patrick’s; Elmira, NY
- 1974-1975: St. John the Evangelist; Rochester, NY
- 1976-1979: Assumption Church; Fairport, NY
- 1980-1998: St. Alphonsus Church; Auburn, NY
- 1999-2002: St. Pius X Church; Rochester, NY
Rogers was suspended from duties at St. Pius X Church in Chili by Bishop Clark 5/02 and resigned from parish. Man alleged in 2002 that Rogers had molested him in 1975 when he was 16. Another man also came forward to say that he had complained to Diocese in1993 about earlier abuse by Rogers. Voluntarily laicized per 6/7/12 statement from Diocese.
Associated Press 5.2.02; Catholic Courer 6.7.12; Democrat & Chornicle 5.4.02; Post-Standard 5.4.02; Rochester Democrat & Chronicle 5.3.02; Rochester Homepage 6.7.12; SNAP Statement 6.7.12; Post-Standard 05.12.02; Dallas Morning News 06.12.02; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.