Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1984-1988: St. Helen’s; Rochester, NY
- 1989-1991: Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary; Fairport, NY
- 1992-1995: St. James; Rochester, NY
- 1996-1997: St. Lawrence Church; Rochester, NY
- 1998: St. Mary Church; Waterloo, NY
- 1999-2003: Church of the Annunciation; Rochester, NY
- 2004-2005: St. John the Evangelist; Spencerport, NY
- 2006-2008: Absent on Leave; Diocese of Rochester
Sewar took a sabatical in 01/05 but was placed on leave 6/05 and then arrested 7/05. Charged with abuse of 14 yr old boy from 1999-2001. Trial set for 8/06. Allowed to plead guilty to lesser charge of attempted endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. Sentenced to 1 yr probation. In 9/08 he was teaching in Hong Kong school until a parent googled him and found his record on this website. Involuntarily dismissed from clerical state per 6/7/12 statement from Diocese.
WROC 9.15.08 (add’l article); South China Morning Post 9.16.08 (add’l article); Earthtimes 9.16.08 (add’l article); Catholic Courier 6.7.12 (add’l article); Rochester Homepage 6.7.12 (add’l article); SNAP Statement 6.7.12 (add’l article); Democrat and Chronicle 8.2.05; WHAM 8.2.05; Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 07.24.05; WROC 07.24.05; Catholic Courier 07.25.05; Democrat and Chronicle 07.25.05; Post-Standard 07.25.05; Star Gazette 07.25.05; Catholic Courier 08.18.05; Democrat and Chronicle 11.23.05; Democrat Chronicle 02.01.06; Democrat and Chronicle 04.04.06; Democrat & Chronicle 08.01.06; Press and Sun-Bulletin 05.05.07; Straits Times 09.15.08; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.