Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1968-1971: St. Patrick’s; Victor, NY
- 1972-1975: St. Francis de Sales; Geneva, NY
- 1976-1977: St. Augustine’s; Rochester, NY
- 1978: St. Mary Church; Dansville, NY
- 1979-1983: Holy Name of Jesus; Rochester, NY
- 1984-1999: St. Margaret Mary Church; Apalachin, NY
- 2000-2002: St. Paul Church; Webster, NY
Placed on leave without privileges 5/02 after allegations resurfaced of sexual abuse more than 20 years ago previously. Incidents of sex abuse involving teenage boys were reported against Simon from 1973 to 1982 so Diocese knew of his history. Apparently his victim(s) had come forward again in 2002 to protest the fact that he was still in ministry. After canonical process, he was assigned to life of prayer & penance per 6/7/12 notice from diocese.
Associated Press 5.3.02; Catholic Courier 6.7.12; Democrat and Chronicle 5.4.02; Post-Standard 5.4.02; Press and Sun Bulletin 5.3.02; Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 5.3.02; Rochester Homepage 6.7.12; SNAP Statement 6.7.12; Associated Press 05.10.02; Post-Standard 05.12.02; Dallas Morning News 06.12.02; Press and Sun Bulletin 05.05.07; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.