Diocese: Diocese of Rochester
Summary of Assignments:
- 1967-1971: Immaculate Conception Church; Ithaca, NY
- 1972-1974: Our Lady of Lourdes; Rochester, NY
- 1975: St. Mary Church; Auburn, NY
- 1976-1979: St. Louis Church; Pittsford, NY
- 1980-1983: Elmira Correctional Facility; Elmira, NY
- 1984-1992: St. John the Baptist; Elmira, NY
- 1984-1992: St. Cecilia; Elmira, NY
- 1991-1992: Sts. Peter and Paul; Elmira, NY
- 1993-1994: Not Listed in 1993 and 1994 Directories
- 1995-2002: St. Patrick Church; Seneca Falls, NY
- 2001-2002: NY Patrician Fund Trust; Seneca Falls, NY
- 2003: Listed in necrology section of Directory – Death given as July 31, 2002.
Accused of sexually abusing a teenage girl in 1970s. He disputed when the alleged abuse took place and the age of the victim. Gramkee previously admitted that he had “engaged in an inappropriate relationship” and had undergone counseling. He was named as chaplain at prison just after abused is alleged to have occurred but was later assigned to parish. He was suspended by the diocese in 6/02 and died of stroke 7/02. Canonical proceedings were not complete at time of death per 6/7/12 Diocese statement.
Catholic Courier 6.7.12; Democrat and Chronicle 8.2.02; Ithaca Journal 8.3.02; Rochester Homepage 6.7.12; SNAP Statement 6.7.12; Associated Press 06.25.02; Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 06.26.02; Ithaca Journal 06.27.02; Post-Standard 06.27.02; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp
Note: Years listed indicate editions of the Official Catholic Directory. Because of the publication schedule of the Directory, a priest listed at a parish in a given year was also likely at that parish for part of the previous year.