Diocese: Diocese of Ogdensburg
Summary of Assignments:
- 1979-1981: Holy Name; Ausable Forks, NY
- 1982-1983: St. Bernard; Saranac Lake, NY
- 1984-1987: Nore Dame; Ogdensburg, NY
- 1988: St. Augustine; Peru, NY
- 1989-1993: St. Hubert; Star Lake, NY
- 1994: St. Raphael’s; Heuvelton, NY
- 1995-2002: St. Paul; Blake River, NY
- 2000-2002: St. Rita; Deferiet, NY
- 2003-2013: Whereabouts unknown
- 2014: Died on August 31, 2014.
Gillette and 3 other priests were removed from their assignments 7/02 as result of zero tolerance policy from Dallas Bishops’ conference. He was working at St. Paul’s Church in Black River at the time of his removal. Diocese said all four priests had substantiated allegations against them and all had been through some form of therapy. No other information found. Died 8/31/14.
Press-Republican 07.02.02; Sun-Sentinel 07.03.03; Watertown Daily Times 01.06.04; Watertown Daily Times 08.31.14; Reedbenoit 08.30.16; North Country Now 03.14.18; Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18; Adirondack Daily Enterprise 05.26.18; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp