Diocese: Diocese of Camden
Summary of Assignments:
- 1967-1970: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Berlin, NJ
- 1970-1971: St. Lawrence’s; Laurel Springs, NJ
- 1971-1972: Blessed Sacrament; Margate, NJ
- 1972-1973: Indexed in the 1973 Official Catholic Directory as at 1845 Haddon Ave., Camden, which was the address for chancery offices.
- 1973-1978: Leave of Absence
Included on Attorney Garabedian’s list 3/28/16 of accused clerics named in civil claims resulting in settlements or arbitration awards. Allegedly abused a boy, about age 10, in 1966 at an Atlantic CIty hotel, while assigned to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Berlin NJ. Claim settled 2/15. Mathews also worked in Laurel Springs and Margate parishes. Went on leave 1973. Appears not to have returned to ministry.
BishopAccountability 03.28.16; Boston Globe 03.28.16; Boston Globe 03.28.16; Bostoncom 03.28.16; The Courier-Post 03.28.16; The Patch 03.28.16; WBUR 03.28.16; WBUR 03.28.16; NJcom 03.30.16;
BA.org Assignment Record; http://www.bishop-accountability.org/