Diocese: Archdiocese of Chicago
Religious Order: Society of St. Columban
Summary of Assignments:
- 12/21/1953: Ordained
- 1953-1956: Appointed to the Philippines – Parish of Labrador, Pangasinan, Philippines
- 1957-1964: University of the East and Far Eastern University – Chaplain; Manila, Philippines
- 1974-1978: St. Columban’s Foreign Mission Society; Diocese of Brooklyn. Mission Society also maintained St. Columban’s House in Chicago.
- 1979-1988: Parishes of Lingayen, Naguelguel, Labrador, and Sual; Philippines
- 1989-2000: Director of Vocations and serving on “Mission Awareness”, Luzon, Philippines
- 2000-2007: Parish of Malate, Manila, Philippines
- 2007-?: St. Columban’s Retirement Home, Navan
- 12/12/2015: Died
Notes: Born in Ireland. Spent most of career in Philippines, beginning 1957. In US for 3 yrs beginning 1974 to develop Columban apostolate to the Filipino community. Accused in 1992 lawsuit of abuse of girl during church outing in 1974. She claimed the abuse was reported to his superiors but no action taken by them. Byrne retired 2007 to Ireland. Died 12/12/15.