Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1961-1968 — Blessed Virgin Mary Help of Christians; Woodside, NY
- 1969-1970 — St. Mary Magdalene; Springfield Gardens, NY
- 1971-1977 — Our Lady of Good Counsel; Brooklyn, NY
- 1978-1978 — Special Assignment
- 1979-1979 — Sacred Hearts & St. Stephen; Brooklyn, NY
- 1980-1981 — St. Vincent Ferrer; Brooklyn, NY
- 1982-1991 — Blessed Sacrament; Brooklyn, NY
- 1992-2001 — St. Bernard; Brooklyn, NY
- 2001-2010 — St. Pancras; Glendale, NY
- 2010: Retired
Notes: Gallo was named in an October 2003 civil suit, in which 27 victims alleged sexual abuse by 24 priests. One plaintiff alleged that Gallo sexually abused him as a 14-year-old boy at Our Lady of Good Counsel during the 1960s. Gallo denied the allegations. At the time of the lawsuit, Gallo had an active parish assignment.
In March 2004, after an investigation by the Diocese’ review board, they found the allegations against Gallo to be unsubstantiated and lacking in credibility. Gallo was allowed to continue working in ministry.
Sources: Newsday 10.02.03; Newsday 10.03.03; Queens Chronicle 10.09.03; Newsday 03.18.04; http://bishop-accountability.org/