Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1952-1962: Most Holy Trinity (German); Brooklyn, NY
- 1964-1972: St. Sylvester; Brooklyn, NY
- 1973-1979: St. Gregory the Great; Brooklyn (Crown Heights), NY
- 1980-1982: Sacred Heart; Brooklyn (Bayside, Queens), NY
- 1982-1988: St. Patrick’s; Brooklyn (Fort Hamilton), NY
- 1989-1989: St. Frances de Chantal; Brooklyn, NY
- 1989-1997: Absent on Sick Leave
- The address given for Abrams through 1996 is that of St. Frances de Chantal, but he is not listed in there in the Brooklyn diocese pages.
- 1997-2007: Retired; Little Neck, NY
- Lived at the Bishop Mugavero Residence
- November 2007: Removed from ministry
In 2002, several men came forward and accused Abrams of sexually abusing them as boys during the late 1970s to early 1980s. At the time, Abrams was the pastor of Sacred Heart. The diocese investigation found there was “sufficient evidence” that he sexually abused the men. In November 2007, the diocese publicly announced his permanent removal from ministry. The matter was referred to the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith.