Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1956: Ordained
- 1957-1972: Unknown
- 1973-1974: Fourteen Holy Martyrs; Brooklyn, NY
- 1975-1976: Vincentian Fathers Residence; Brooklyn, NY
- 1977-1981: Not listed in Directory
- 1982: St. John the Baptist; Brooklyn, NY
- 1983-1984: Holy Spirit; Brooklyn, NY
- 1985: Cathedral Christ the King; Lubbock, TX
- 1986-1988: St. Francis of Assisi; Wolfforth, TX
- 1989-1990: Not listed
- 1991-1992: SS. Joachim and Anne; Queens Village, NY
- 2002-2012: St. John Vianney; Flushing, NY
- 2003-2004: Judicial Vicar for the Diocesan Marriage Tribunal at the Immaculate Conception Center in Douglastown (this assignment appears in news reports)
- 2012-present: Unknown
From Columbia. Bedoya was reported to have worked in the Diocese of Lubbock, Texas and Brooklyn.
Bedoya was named in an October 2003 civil suit where 27 victims alleged sexual abuse by 24 priests. The lawsuit alleges that Bedoya abused one boy between ages of 9 and 11 at the Fourteen Holy Martyrs in the rectory, in the “ready room” before Mass, and on a church sponsored trip. The lawsuit also alleges that Bedoya examined the genitals of his altar boys to make sure they were clean. Bedoya denied the allegations.
In a January 2004 lawsuit filed in Queens State Supreme Court, a man accused Bedoya of sexually abusing him as a boy at Hollis’ St. Gerard Majella Church in the 1970s.