Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1970-1973 — Holy Innocents
- 1974-1980 — Our Lady Queen of Martyrs; Forest Hills, NY
- 1981-1985 — St. Thomas Aquinas; Brooklyn, NY
- 1988-1994 — St. Stanislaus Bishop & Martyr
- 1995-1998 — St. Stanislaus Kostka
- 1999-2003 — St. Joseph
Maurer was named in an October 2002 civil lawsuit, in which 43 plaintiffs alleged abuse by 12 priests and one religious brother. In the lawsuit, Maurer was alleged to have abused a boy who was also a victim of Fr. James Collins. The lawsuit did not specify where or when the abuse occurred.
Maurer was named in an October 2003 civil lawsuit, in which 27 plaintiffs alleged abuse by 24 priests. In the lawsuit, Maurer was accused of sexually abusing two boys – one boy at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs in the 1970s and one boy at St. Thomas Aquinas in the 1980s.
He died on August 24, 2016.