Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1964-1974 — Good Shepherd; Brooklyn, NY
- 1975-1979 — St. Fortuna; Brooklyn, NY
- 1980-1982 — The Incarnation; Brooklyn, NY
- 1983 — Good Shepherd; Brooklyn, NY
- 1984-1985 — Released from Assignment
- 1986-1990 — St. Luke; Whitestone, NY
- 1991-1992 — Released from Assignment
- 1993-1999 — St. Luke; Whitestone, NY
In a 2002 lawsuit, a woman accused Brennan of sexually abusing her while she was a student at the Good Shepherd Parochial School.
Brennan was named in an October 2003 civil suit, where 27 victims alleged abuse by 24 priests. In the suit, two sisters accused Brennan of sexually abusing them at Good Shepherd Roman Catholic Church in the 1960s and 1970s, beginning when the girls were ages 7 and 9. The alleged abuse occurred in Brennan’s room at the rectory, in the sacristy, at Brennan’s weekend retreat home, at a gym, on a school bus, and at a bowling alley.
Brennan moved to the Immaculate Conception Center in Douglaston, where he died in 2000.