Diocese: Diocese of Brooklyn
Summary of Assignments:
- 1994: Ordained
- 1995-1998: St. Rose of Lima
- 1999-2001: Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians
- 2002-2005: St. Ann-St. George
- 2005-2006: Our Lady of Monserrate-St. Ambrose
- 2007-2011: Queen of All Saints
- 2009-2011: St. Martin de Porres
- 2012-2014: St. Martin de Porres
Coleman was removed from ministry in 2011.
In November 2017, Coleman’s name was quietly added to the Diocese website, listing him as having been laicized by the Vatican office “authorized to deal with cases involving sexual abuse of minors by a cleric.”
As of November 2018, Coleman’s public LinkedIn page indicates that he has worked as a Hermit and Counselor at Hermitage of Peace from June 2013 to present and as a “Counselor/Sociologist/Theologian, Parish Priest” from 1994 to present. According to his LinkedIn page, Coleman has been studying as a “psychoanalyst in training” at the Center of Modern Psychoanalytic Studies from 2012 to present.
New York Times 11.09.17; New York Times 11.10.17; LinkedIn accessed 11.20.18; http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp