Diocese: Archdiocese of Newark
Summary of Assignments:
- 1972-1979: St. Mary of the Assumption; Elizabeth, NJ
- 1979-1988: Christ the King; Hillside, NJ
- 1988-1989: Absent on Sabbatical Leave
- 1989-1990: St. Theresa’s; Kentilworth, NJ
- 1990-1997: SS. Peter and Paul; Hoboken, NJ
- Presbyteral Council; Newark, NJ
- 1994-1997: Dean of Central Hudson Region Deanery 9; Newark, NJ
- 1997-2006: St. Valentine’s; Bloomfield, NJ
- 2002-2004: Dean of North Essex Deanery 16; Newark, NJ
- 2006-2008: Not indexed in the 2007 or 2008 Official Catholic Directories.
- 2008-2012: Retired; Normandy Beach, NJ
Removed from St. Valentine in Bloomfield 11/04 after alleged to have abused a boy for 3 years, beginning shortly after ordination when he was assigned to St. Mary of the Assumption in Elizabeth. and the boy was age 15. On sabbatical leave per 1989 Directory. Named Monsignor in 1998. Retired per 2009-2012 Directories. Had been living in rectory after Hurricane Sandy with permission from Archdiocese until public pressure forced removal in 2/13. On archdiocese’s list 2/13/19. Multiple allegations noted. Permanently removed from ministry.
News Release from Archdiocese of Newark 11.25.98; Star Ledger 11.16.04; Star Ledger 07.20.13; ABC 27 07.21.13; Riverdell Patch 07.21.13; Star Ledger 07.21.13; The Republic (AP) 07.21.13; SNAP Statement 07.22.13; The Record 07.22.13; Herald News 07.23.13; The Record 07.23.13; The Record 07.23.13; Spiritual Politics 07.24.13; The Record 07.28.13; Patch 07.29.13; Star-Ledger 11.03.13; Archdiocese of Newark List 02.13.19; Archdiocese of Newark Tobin Letter 02.13.19; BA.org Assignment Record; http://bishop-accountability.org